[biomart-users] BioMarts web servise failed

[biomart-users] BioMarts web servise failed

Justyna
Hey guys,

I'm new to BioMart. Directly a´fter loading the package I got this:

Request to BioMart web service failed. Verify if you are still connected to the internet.  Alternatively the BioMart web service is temporarily down.  Check http://www.biomart.org and verify if this website is available.
Error: XML content does not seem to be XML:

I've tried to change the host: listMarts(host = "http://www.ensembl.org")

But still I have the same comment.

Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks a lot!
Best wishes,
Justyna

Re: [biomart-users] BioMarts web servise failed

Thomas Maurel
Dear Justyna,

If you update the host to be the following, it will work:

listMarts(host = "www.ensembl.org")

You can find more information regarding the connection of the biomaRt module with the ensembl websites on the following page: http://www.ensembl.org/info/data/biomart/biomart_r_package.html

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Thomas
On 25 Jan 2016, at 13:34, Justyna <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey guys,

I'm new to BioMart. Directly a´fter loading the package I got this:

Request to BioMart web service failed. Verify if you are still connected to the internet.  Alternatively the BioMart web service is temporarily down.  Check http://www.biomart.org and verify if this website is available.
Error: XML content does not seem to be XML:

I've tried to change the host: listMarts(host = "http://www.ensembl.org")

But still I have the same comment.

Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks a lot!
Best wishes,
Justyna

Thomas Maurel
Bioinformatician - Ensembl Production Team
European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton
Cambridge CB10 1SD