[biomart-users] How often are GO terms updated in biomart database

[biomart-users] How often are GO terms updated in biomart database

Lisa Olsson
Hi
I am using biomart for GO annotation and according to documentation (https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/biomartr/vignettes/Functional_Annotation.html) the biomart database is used for the annotation. And following reading the publication below I try to find information on the webpage on how often the GO annotation is updated in the biomart database, but so far no luck. Anyone how knows?

Thanks!
Lisa

http://www.nature.com/nmeth/journal/v13/n9/full/nmeth.3963.html

Re: [biomart-users] How often are GO terms updated in biomart database

Thomas Maurel
Dear Lisa,

The GO annotations in the Ensembl BioMart gets updated at least once a year. At the moment the GO annotation version is different for all our species so if you have a specific species in mind, I can be a bit more specific.
We are planning to move to a new system in the future which will allow us to have a consistent GO annotation version for all the species.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Thomas
On 2 Sep 2016, at 10:22, Lisa Olsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi
I am using biomart for GO annotation and according to documentation (https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/biomartr/vignettes/Functional_Annotation.html) the biomart database is used for the annotation. And following reading the publication below I try to find information on the webpage on how often the GO annotation is updated in the biomart database, but so far no luck. Anyone how knows?

Thanks!

Thomas Maurel
Bioinformatician - Ensembl Production Team
European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton
Cambridge CB10 1SD