[biomart-users] Question: Converting Gene Symbol to Ensembl ID in R

[biomart-users] Question: Converting Gene Symbol to Ensembl ID in R

Harry

R screenshot.jpeg

When I converted my gene symbol list to Ensembl ID, I found that the relationship with gene symbol and Ensemble ID is not a one-to-one correspondence. For example, the original list has 798 genes. However, after I convert the gene symbol, there are 831 Ensembl IDs and corresponding gene symbols. Therefore, I do not why and would you explain this phenomenon? Thank you very much!