[biomart-users] REST method for fetching attribute datatypes

[biomart-users] REST method for fetching attribute datatypes

Gordon Blackshields
Using the REST interface, is there a programmatic method to get predefined datatypes of the available attributes? Essentially I want to put together a table of attributes and their respective datatypes, e.g.:
  • chromosome_name: string
  • entrezgene: string
  • start: int
  • end: int
so that the data returned for those attributes are treated correctly. Note that I don't want to infer datatype from the data returned by a given query. The data returned under 'chromosome_name', 'entrezgene', etc can easily appear numeric, and is treated as such by programs such as excel. I currently fix this in post-processing for specific fields, but feel like it could be something I could put in place for all attributes.

Re: [biomart-users] REST method for fetching attribute datatypes

Arek Kasprzyk
Hi Gordon,

Sorry for the late reply. I do not think distinct datatypes for attributes are currently supported

a.