[biomart-users] Update Biomart dataset automatically

[biomart-users] Update Biomart dataset automatically

Thomas LETELLIER
Hi everyone,

I set up a biomart instance (v 0.9) in production recently and I was wondering if there is a way  to update my dataset automatically ? Or should I launch the Mart interface and do it "manually" ?

In my case, my biomart instance is built from a database which is constantly evolving.

Best regards,

Thomas

Re: [biomart-users] Update Biomart dataset automatically

Arek Kasprzyk
Hi Thomas,
0.9 can't do this yet but there is a relatively simple way around it. You would have to create a 0.7 configuration for the same database that you already have. (You will NOT need a 0.7 server just a config). Then update this config automatically when your database changes and re-import it to your 0.9 registry (delete the old entry one and re-import the 0.7 one after you have updated it)

please let me know if you need more info,
a.