[biomart-users] probe ID (illumina ht12 v4) re-annotation to hgnc symbol

[biomart-users] probe ID (illumina ht12 v4) re-annotation to hgnc symbol

Cigdem Selli
Hi,
I get inconsistent results with Biomart re-annotation.
Around 16000 hgnc symbols were matched (from a total of 29633 Illumina probes) a month ago. When I tried today I have got around 17000 hgnc symbols, a huge difference.
Is this a result of a recent update? or the results should be consistent? Thank you

Re: [biomart-users] probe ID (illumina ht12 v4) re-annotation to hgnc symbol

Thomas Maurel
Dear Cigdem,

You can notice a difference because we have released a new version of Ensembl on the 22nd of August 2017: http://www.ensembl.info/blog/2017/08/22/ensembl-90-has-been-released/.
The Microarray probe mapping for human was updated explaining the discrepancy with the result that you got last month.

Hope this helps,
Kind Regards,
Thomas
On 30 Aug 2017, at 12:41, Cigdem Selli <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,
I get inconsistent results with Biomart re-annotation.
Around 16000 hgnc symbols were matched (from a total of 29633 Illumina probes) a month ago. When I tried today I have got around 17000 hgnc symbols, a huge difference.
Is this a result of a recent update? or the results should be consistent? Thank you

Thomas Maurel
Bioinformatician - Ensembl Production Team
European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton
Cambridge CB10 1SD