blast expand collapse hit results

Sofia Robb
Hi,

My blast results are all expanded and will not collapse. this same code works on another machine, so it must be something specific to my set up. is there a specific version of jquery I should be using? any hints or clues that might help me track down the issue?

also, i am not using the most up to date version of the blast_ui. when i update, the image of the alignment does not appear and the hits are also all expanded. any ideas about the missing image that i can use to try to figure that out?

thank you!!
Sofia

Re: blast expand collapse hit results

Kucheran, Lacey Sanderson
Hi Sofia,

It sounds like an issue with the javascript. I have JQuery 1.9.1. I would open up the javascript console on either Firefox or Chrome and reload the blast results page. There should be errors in the console if this functionality isn’t working for you and I can make more headway diagnosing the problem with them :-)

~Lacey

PS. If you site is public I would be happy to take a look at it for you. I should be able to tell from the webpage so I would just need a link.

Lacey-Anne Sanderson
Bioinformaticist
Pulse Crop Breeding and Genetics
Phone: (306) <a href="tel://966-3208">966-3208
Room 2C33 Agriculture
Department of Plant Sciences
University of Saskatchewan

On September 13, 2016 at 1:00:34 PM, Sofia Robb ([hidden email]) wrote:

Hi,

My blast results are all expanded and will not collapse. this same code works on another machine, so it must be something specific to my set up. is there a specific version of jquery I should be using? any hints or clues that might help me track down the issue?

also, i am not using the most up to date version of the blast_ui. when i update, the image of the alignment does not appear and the hits are also all expanded. any ideas about the missing image that i can use to try to figure that out?

thank you!!
Sofia

Re: blast expand collapse hit results

Sofia Robb
Hi Lacey,

maybe it is something to do with my site being https and this requested page not being https, http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.3.2/jquery.min.js?ocqrdk

This is the only site I have that is public: https://cuttingclass.stowers.org

The alignment graphic is also not showing up.

Thanks for your help in tracking down this bug.
Sofia

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 4:22 PM, Kucheran, Lacey Sanderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Sofia,

It sounds like an issue with the javascript. I have JQuery 1.9.1. I would open up the javascript console on either Firefox or Chrome and reload the blast results page. There should be errors in the console if this functionality isn’t working for you and I can make more headway diagnosing the problem with them :-)

~Lacey

PS. If you site is public I would be happy to take a look at it for you. I should be able to tell from the webpage so I would just need a link.

Lacey-Anne Sanderson
Bioinformaticist
Pulse Crop Breeding and Genetics
Phone: (306) <a href="tel://966-3208" target="_blank">966-3208
Room 2C33 Agriculture
Department of Plant Sciences
University of Saskatchewan

On September 13, 2016 at 1:00:34 PM, Sofia Robb ([hidden email]) wrote:

Hi,

My blast results are all expanded and will not collapse. this same code works on another machine, so it must be something specific to my set up. is there a specific version of jquery I should be using? any hints or clues that might help me track down the issue?

also, i am not using the most up to date version of the blast_ui. when i update, the image of the alignment does not appear and the hits are also all expanded. any ideas about the missing image that i can use to try to figure that out?

thank you!!
Sofia

Re: blast expand collapse hit results

Kucheran, Lacey Sanderson
That’s it exactly! I made the fix on github: https://github.com/tripal/tripal_blast/commit/52fa1a2294a87ef6d997db7cfb8054630e7bd096

I’m not sure if the github version is perfectly stable though. You can make the change ASAP by applying the following patch to your local version: https://github.com/tripal/tripal_blast/commit/52fa1a2294a87ef6d997db7cfb8054630e7bd096.patch

But if you’re not in a hurry I intend to double check the stability of the github version and make a full release within the next couple of days.

Thanks for reporting the bug!
~Lacey

PS. I also noticed an unrelated Javascript error on your homepage in education.js (line 162). A quick google seems to imply this is due to deprecated functionality... http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18277773/jquery-1-9-how-to-migrate-from-browser-msie. Just FYI :-)

Lacey-Anne Sanderson
Bioinformaticist
Pulse Crop Breeding and Genetics
Phone: (306) 966-3208

On Sep 14, 2016, at 7:02 PM, Sofia Robb <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Phone: (306) <a href="tel://966-3208" target="_blank" class="">966-3208