can't locate method buttons_url - error for Gbrowse_syn

can't locate method buttons_url - error for Gbrowse_syn

Jayaraman, Pushkala

Hello,

I managed to get the page visible..

Minor change in the .synconf –dsn argument

Join = dbi:mysql:database=DBNAME;host=HOST;user=USRNAME;password=PASSWD

The argument for password is ‘password’ and not ‘pass’ (the gbrowse2 conf files use ‘pass’ as argument)

But the –dsn argument in the individual data source .conf files remains similar to the datasource.conf files for gbrowse2

I now seem to get other errors when I try and click on the example data source:

Software error:

Can't locate object method "buttons_url" via package "Bio::Graphics::Browser2" at /usr/local/perl5.8.9/lib/site_perl/5.8.9/x86_64-linux/Legacy/Graphics/Browser/Util.pm line 163.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([hidden email]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

This error corresponds to this line:

push @args,(-gbrowse_images => $CONFIG->globals->buttons_url || '/gbrowse2/images/buttons');

the folder /images/buttons exists and I have given it full privileges..  Here are my data file paths and configuration file paths:

Data Files

The oryza data source contains genome annotations in GFF3 flat files for two rice species and blastz-derived whole genome aligment data between the two species.

  • /usr/local/gbrowse2/htdocs/databases/gbrowse_syn/rice/rice.gff3
  • /usr/local/gbrowse2/htdocs/databases/gbrowse_syn/wild_rice/wild_rice.gff3
  • /usr/local/gbrowse2/htdocs/databases/gbrowse_syn/alignments/rice.aln

Configuration files

Configuration files for the two species can be found at the locations below. The oryza.synconf file is disabled pending installation of the joining database. rice_synteny.conf and wild_rice_synteny.conf are the configuration files for the individual species. They are already set up to use the in-memory adapter and the GFF3 flat files listed above.

  • /usr/local/gbrowse2/etc/synteny/oryza.synconf.disabled
  • /usr/local/gbrowse2/etc/synteny/rice_synteny.conf
  • /usr/local/gbrowse2/etc/synteny/wild_rice_synteny.conf

Here are the paths for Gbrowse2 :

Directory Paths

For future reference, here is where you've installed GBrowse's various components:

GBrowse documentation, stylesheets and in-memory databases.

/usr/local/gbrowse2/htdocs

GBrowse configuration files

/usr/local/gbrowse2/etc/GBrowse.conf

Preinstalled sample database(s)

/usr/local/gbrowse2/databases

Online tutorial and sample data files

/usr/local/gbrowse2/htdocs/tutorial.

GBrowse CGI (web) scripts

·         /usr/local/apache3/cgi-bin/gbrowse

·         /usr/local/apache3/cgi-bin/gbrowse_img

·         /usr/local/apache3/cgi-bin/gbrowse_details

Installation and configuration manual

GBrowse 2.0 HOWTO

Temporary directories for cached images and sessions.

/usr/local/gbrowse2/tmp

Please help!

Is the error related to the paths?

Pushkala Jayaraman