cannot set admin password

Oliver Pelz
Hi!

I am just installed GBrowse and run into trouble:

* Using centos 6.5
* building perl v.5.18.1
* installed latest cpan, bioperl and gbrowse using cpan:
* as of 14/10/14: CPAN 2.05, BioPerl-1.6.923., GBrowse-2.55

right after installation first thing I did without touching anything (not GBrowse.conf etc. ):

sudo -uapache ./gbrowse_set_admin_passwd.pl

gives me:

Use of uninitialized value in warn at /usr/local/lib64/perl5/Bio/Graphics/Browser2/Session.pm line 153, <STDIN> line 2.
[20194] session lock timed out on request after 50.000s
: http://localhost  at /usr/local/lib64/perl5/Bio/Graphics/Browser2/Session.pm line 153, <STDIN> line 2.
No SMTP server found in globals at /usr/local/lib64/perl5/Bio/Graphics/Browser2/SendMail.pm line 29, <STDIN> line 2.
No SMTP server found in globals at /usr/local/lib64/perl5/Bio/Graphics/Browser2/SendMail.pm line 29, <STDIN> line 2.
Mail Error

Am I missing something?
If I manually increase the lock time in Session.pm I get the same result.

Best,
Oliver Pelz

Re: cannot set admin password

Scott Cain
Hi Oliver,

I'm going to set about trying to reproduce the problem, but in the meantime, I just wanted to make sure you need it: most people use GBrowse without ever setting the admin password; do you want the functionality associated with it like user accounts?

Scott

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Oliver Pelz <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Replying on list so that this gets archived: Oliver told me that setting:

session lock type = nfs

fixed this issue.