chado storage of disease models

Andy Schroeder
FlyBase is beginning to work on capturing and storing information on Drosophila models for human disease or health issues.  We need a way to store in chado basic information on human diseases/conditions and then link that information to features (human genes, Drosophila genes and alleles, etc.), cvterms (disease ontology terms), other diseases, phenotypes etc.

In the interest of not reinventing the wheel we are curious as to whether anyone else has done this sort of thing either using existing chado tables/modules or developed their own chado module for this type of data or something analogous?

cheers,
Andy