citation URLs (no response so far)

Keiran Raine
Hi all,

The GBrowse 2.0 how to mentions that a citation can be set as a URL
and selecting it should result in the target of the URL being visited.

I've tried to apply:

citation = http://cgp-gbrowse-test.dynamic.sanger.ac.uk/cgi-bin/gb2/gbrowse/PD3993a/

(ideally I'd like to be able to do this without including the server
info)

but this does not work I just get the attached view:

--
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is operated by Genome
ResearchLimited, a charity registered in England with number 1021457

What I'm trying to do is hide many of our samples from the 'Data
Source' selection menu and use the 'Select Track' view as a more user
friendly way of selecting the samples (as I can group by tissue type
etc here).  Then our users will be able to select the project from the
'Data Source' and link through to the subset of samples through the
'Select Track' view.  FYI, we currently have ~550 configs (1100
samples, 2 per config).

Thanks,

Keiran Raine
Senior Computer Biologist
The Cancer Genome Project
Ext: 7703

Picture 2.png (16K) Download Attachment

BUMP Fwd: citation URLs (no response so far)

Keiran Raine

Keiran Raine
Senior Computer Biologist
The Cancer Genome Project
Ext: 7703

Begin forwarded message:

Re: BUMP Fwd: citation URLs (no response so far)

Tzintzuni Garcia
I don't have much experience using the citation line but, have you tried passing it some html?  Something like:

I don't know what gbrowse will do with the text provided for the citation but its worth a shot.

Regards,

Tzintzuni Garcia

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 10:35 AM, Keiran Raine <[hidden email]> wrote:

Keiran Raine
Senior Computer Biologist
The Cancer Genome Project
Ext: 7703

Begin forwarded message:

Re: BUMP Fwd: citation URLs (no response so far)

Keiran Raine
Hi Tzintzuni,

Thanks for offering a suggestion.

That gives you a popup containing a link (but it is not sticky) and on clicking opens a view similar to previous where you can then click the link (click-pageload-click-pageload to get to where you want).

Unfortunately what I want is to be able to just click the link inherent to the 'Select Track' pane, which is what the documentation suggests is possible (single click to get where you want).

Thanks anyway,

Keiran Raine
Senior Computer Biologist
The Cancer Genome Project