configuration by default "packing" (auto, compact, expand, ...)

configuration by default "packing" (auto, compact, expand, ...)

Mélanie Hachet
Hello,

I would like to know how to change the default "packing" value (auto,
compact, expand, expand and label) with configuration file.
This modification is possible in "browser" tab cliking to "configure
this track" icon.
I'm using Gbrowse 2.33.

If you need any further information, feel free to contact me.

Best regards.

Mélanie Hachet

Re: configuration by default "packing" (auto, compact, expand, ...)

Scott Cain
Hi Mélanie,

The option name is "bump".  The options are:

0        no collision control
1        ordinary collision control; optimal tight packing applied to minimize wasted space
2        simple packing - each feature occupies separate vertical band
fast     faster packing which works best when all features are exactly same height
overlap  strand-specific collision control, and features are render translucent to allow the overlap to be seen

For other options (including when to include or not include a label), take a look at:

Scott