configuring tracks for logged in users

Jim Hu
We are working with authors to provide tracks associated with publications.  Is there a simple callback or setting to make a track in the conf file viewable only by specific users?

The idea is to set up the conf so we can work with the authors to set up the look and feel during prepublication and then delete/comment out the config when the paper clears embargo.  By setting it up within the regular conf we can also get the right permalink URL for the paper.

Thanks,

Jim
=====================================
Jim Hu
Professor
Dept. of Biochemistry and Biophysics
2128 TAMU
Texas A&M Univ.
College Station, TX 77843-2128
979-862-4054

Re: configuring tracks for logged in users

Scott Cain
Hi Jim,

I can't think of a way to do this.

Scott

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Jim Hu <[hidden email]> wrote:
We are working with authors to provide tracks associated with publications.  Is there a simple callback or setting to make a track in the conf file viewable only by specific users?

The idea is to set up the conf so we can work with the authors to set up the look and feel during prepublication and then delete/comment out the config when the paper clears embargo.  By setting it up within the regular conf we can also get the right permalink URL for the paper.

Thanks,

Jim
=====================================
Jim Hu
Professor
Dept. of Biochemistry and Biophysics
2128 TAMU
Texas A&M Univ.
College Station, TX 77843-2128

Re: configuring tracks for logged in users

Keiran Raine
Hi,

Take a look here:

It indicates that you can restrict individual tracks provided they have a user login.

Regards

Keiran Raine

Sent from my iPad

On 12 Jun 2013, at 19:01, "Scott Cain" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Funny, I misunderstood what you were looking for; I read Keiran's response and thought to myself "ya, but that's not what he's looking for" :-)

Glad it got sorted out.

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 9:26 PM, Jim Hu <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

GBrowse 2 disk space cleanup

Bob Muller
Now that our TAIR GBrowse 2 installation is live, we're seeing a lot of disk space usage. I've put in this cron job:

[root@gbrowse cron]# crontab -l
30    0    *    *     * find /var/tmp/gbrowse2/images -type f -atime +20 -print -exec rm {} \;

as recommended in the gbrowse docs, but I was wondering about /var/tmp/gbrowse2/cache: is there a similar potential for disk space savings there? Any dangers to be aware of? This seems to be where most of the disk space usage is occurring. Also, what about locks?

--Bob Muller, TAIR

Re: GBrowse 2 disk space cleanup

Lincoln Stein
Hi Bob,

Yes, you can do exactly the same thing there. In fact I thought I had updated the documentation to indicate this as a recommended practice.

The gbrowse process opens cache files in a one-step process and so there is no race condition. Even if the file is unlinked by the cron job while gbrowse has it opened, the data in the file won't be deleted until gbrowse closes it.

Lincoln

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Bob Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
Now that our TAIR GBrowse 2 installation is live, we're seeing a lot of disk space usage. I've put in this cron job:

[root@gbrowse cron]# crontab -l
30    0    *    *     * find /var/tmp/gbrowse2/images -type f -atime +20 -print -exec rm {} \;

as recommended in the gbrowse docs, but I was wondering about /var/tmp/gbrowse2/cache: is there a similar potential for disk space savings there? Any dangers to be aware of? This seems to be where most of the disk space usage is occurring. Also, what about locks?

--Bob Muller, TAIR

Lincoln D. Stein
101 College St., Suite 800
Toronto, ON, Canada M5G0A3