contribution to development

mictadlo
Hi all,
I would like to contribute to Apollo development. Are the software versions described here ( https://genomearchitect.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Apollo2Build.html#developer-s-guide )  still up to date?

Can Apollo run with Groovy 3?

Which IDE do you use?

Thank you in advance,

Best wishes,

Michal

Re: contribution to development

nathandunn

Michael,

That would be great.

I would like to contribute to Apollo development. Are the software versions described here ( https://genomearchitect.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Apollo2Build.html#developer-s-guide )  still up to date?

I think its up to date.

Keep in mind there are three modules:  grails on the backend, apollo plugin / Jbrowse, and GWT depending on what you want to change.

Can Apollo run with Groovy 3?

I *think* this is immaterial as Grails (2.5.5) will use its own version of groovy for building.   Regardless, if you need to switch versions in the groovy universe I would recommend: https://sdkman.io/install which handles groovy, gradle, grails versions.

Which IDE do you use?

I use IntelliJ ultimate.

You could also get away with NetBeans or Eclipse, but I highly recommend IntelliJ.

===

I’d be willing to a developer meeting if any others (or just you) were interested.

Either way, let me know if you need any help / pointers.

Nathan