could not create userdata_* access denied..

could not create userdata_* access denied..

Jayaraman, Pushkala

Hello, I am trying to upload a track onto the Gbrowse instance on our server as a guest.. (i.e I haven’t loged in as any user neither have I created any account)

When I try to upload a file I get this message:

Could Not create userdata_07df18c4c642b76d910145c1afbccd7f:Access denied for user 'rgdselect'@'%' to database 'userdata_07df18c4c642b76d910145c1afbccd7f'.

What I am I doing wrong??

Gbrowse is run as a user rgdselect that has only ‘select’ and ‘create’ privileges… the mysql database is on localhost.

I remember from a post long ago that Sean also had the same problem..( Aug 11, 2010; 11:11am

upload user data problem (again)

)

Did anyone manage to get this working.. how?

Thanks,

Pushkala Jayaraman

Programmer/Analyst

Rat Genome Database

Human and Molecular Genetics Center

Medical College of Wisconsin

Email: [hidden email]

Work: 414-955-2229

www.rgd.mcw.edu

Re: could not create userdata_* access denied..

Lincoln Stein
Hi Pushkala,

You have configured GBrowse to store user data as separate mysql databases. In order to do this, the web server user has to have database create privileges. Here is a suitable configuration:

mysql> grant create on `userdata\_%`.* to 'www-data'@localhost identified by "gbrowse";

GBrowse.conf:
userdb_adaptor = DBI::mysql
userdb_host    = localhost
userdb_user    = www-data
userdb_pass    = gbrowse

I don't care to use mysql for this purpose, because it fills the server up with lots of "userdata*" databases. I prefer to use the SQLite adaptor which creates discrete files in the uploads directory:

        userdb_adaptor = DBI::SQLite

Lincoln

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Jayaraman, Pushkala <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Lincoln D. Stein
101 College St., Suite 800
Toronto, ON, Canada M5G0A3
416 673-8514
Assistant: Renata Musa <[hidden email]>

Re: could not create userdata_* access denied..

Jayaraman, Pushkala

Thanks for your response Lincoln,

But is there a way in which I can configure Gbrowse to store the user data in the /tmp directory on the file structure that I as admin, can periodically flush out?

Pushkala Jayaraman

Programmer/Analyst

Rat Genome Database

Human and Molecular Genetics Center

Medical College of Wisconsin

Email: [hidden email]

Work: 414-955-2229

www.rgd.mcw.edu

Re: could not create userdata_* access denied..

Lincoln Stein
Hi Pushkala,

Yes, install DBD::SQLite and all the database files will be stored in /tmp/gbrowse2/userdata. Alternatively, you can use the memory adaptor, but performance will suffer on big uploads.

Lincoln