custom display of custom track with bigWig URL

custom display of custom track with bigWig URL

rbeule-dauzat
Hi,

I'm new on Gbrowse and so it's my first time on this list.

I want pass a bigWig like a custom track and custom the display color,
but I can't.

Actually, i do something like that in the text box [from text] but just
the name and the file are read and not the color:

track type=bigWig name="MyBigWig test" mean_color=blue
bigDataUrl=www.aniseed.cnrs.fr/igv/rbeule/bigWigTest.bw

why I can just parameter the name and not the color ?
How I can do to change the color whith this string.

thank you
Rémy bd (french)

Re: custom display of custom track with bigWig URL

Timothy Parnell
Hi Rémy,

I believe that the track line parsing is pretty limited - only the essentials are taken, the rest are ignored.
The idea is that you can make these changes through GBrowse itself, without having to upload a new file with a new track line.

You should be able to make some simple or most common changes using the pop-up configuration dialog box by clicking the little tool wrench button next to the track title.

More advanced changes can be made by going back to the Custom Tracks tab and clicking the edit link on the Configuration line for your track. This will present an edit window where you can make changes that will persist across shared browsing sessions (if, for example, you share the track). It may be helpful to look at http://gmod.org/wiki/Glyphs_and_Glyph_Options for assistance.

I hope that helps.

Tim