dataset name stops getting prepended resulting in table doesn't exist errors

dataset name stops getting prepended resulting in table doesn't exist errors

Leandro Hermida-2
Hi Arek, Syed,

I always seem to get this annoying problem where my mart will be
working fine for a while and I will be making additions and changes to
the configuration using MartEditor without any issues.  Then suddenly
after a MartEditor save BioMart will give a database exception error
saying:

Table 'my_mart.table__dm' doesn't exist

where it seems to have suddenly forgotten to prepend the <dataset
name>__ to the table, it is just taking exactly what is in
tableContraint field.  The docs say that you never need to put the
<dataset name>__ prefix in the tableConstraint field in MartEditor and
it will work fine for a while but then randomly not be happy anymore.

Is there some way to fix this?  What might be the source of the problem?

thanks,
Leandro

Re: dataset name stops getting prepended resulting in table doesn't exist errors

Syed Haider
Hi Leandro,

this happens to those dimension table filters whereby the corresponding
attribute (i-e attribute for the same field) does not exist or have
different name. If it doesnt exist, please try creating it and set its
hideDisplay property to true or 1, if you do not want the attribute to
appear on the interface.

admittedly, the behaviour is annoying but deterministic (not completely
random) :)

Best
Syed

On 24/08/2010 16:39, Leandro Hermida wrote:

> Hi Arek, Syed,
>
> I always seem to get this annoying problem where my mart will be
> working fine for a while and I will be making additions and changes to
> the configuration using MartEditor without any issues.  Then suddenly
> after a MartEditor save BioMart will give a database exception error
> saying:
>
> Table 'my_mart.table__dm' doesn't exist
>
> where it seems to have suddenly forgotten to prepend the<dataset
> name>__ to the table, it is just taking exactly what is in
> tableContraint field.  The docs say that you never need to put the
> <dataset name>__ prefix in the tableConstraint field in MartEditor and
> it will work fine for a while but then randomly not be happy anymore.
>
> Is there some way to fix this?  What might be the source of the problem?
>
> thanks,
> Leandro

Re: dataset name stops getting prepended resulting in table doesn't exist errors

Leandro Hermida-2
Hi Syed,

Do you mean where the internalName has been changed to not be the same
as the field name (i.e. column name)?  That is the only thing I
changed I believe before it stopped working

best,
Leandro

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Syed Haider <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Leandro,
>
> this happens to those dimension table filters whereby the corresponding
> attribute (i-e attribute for the same field) does not exist or have
> different name. If it doesnt exist, please try creating it and set its
> hideDisplay property to true or 1, if you do not want the attribute to
> appear on the interface.
>
> admittedly, the behaviour is annoying but deterministic (not completely
> random) :)
>
> Best
> Syed
>

> On 24/08/2010 16:39, Leandro Hermida wrote:
>>
>> Hi Arek, Syed,
>>
>> I always seem to get this annoying problem where my mart will be
>> working fine for a while and I will be making additions and changes to
>> the configuration using MartEditor without any issues.  Then suddenly
>> after a MartEditor save BioMart will give a database exception error
>> saying:
>>
>> Table 'my_mart.table__dm' doesn't exist
>>
>> where it seems to have suddenly forgotten to prepend the<dataset
>> name>__ to the table, it is just taking exactly what is in
>> tableContraint field.  The docs say that you never need to put the
>> <dataset name>__ prefix in the tableConstraint field in MartEditor and
>> it will work fine for a while but then randomly not be happy anymore.
>>
>> Is there some way to fix this?  What might be the source of the problem?
>>
>> thanks,
>> Leandro

Re: dataset name stops getting prepended resulting in table doesn't exist errors

Syed Haider
Hi Leandro,

imagine a field = "xyz" in database.

now both the filter and attribute on this field should be present. And
both of them should have same internal name e.g
<attribute internalName="foo" field="xyz"..../>
<filter internalName="foo" field="xyz"..../>

hope this does the magic.

Syed

On 24/08/2010 17:46, Leandro Hermida wrote:

> Hi Syed,
>
> Do you mean where the internalName has been changed to not be the same
> as the field name (i.e. column name)?  That is the only thing I
> changed I believe before it stopped working
>
> best,
> Leandro
>

> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Syed Haider<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Hi Leandro,
>>
>> this happens to those dimension table filters whereby the corresponding
>> attribute (i-e attribute for the same field) does not exist or have
>> different name. If it doesnt exist, please try creating it and set its
>> hideDisplay property to true or 1, if you do not want the attribute to
>> appear on the interface.
>>
>> admittedly, the behaviour is annoying but deterministic (not completely
>> random) :)
>>
>> Best
>> Syed
>>

>> On 24/08/2010 16:39, Leandro Hermida wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Arek, Syed,
>>>
>>> I always seem to get this annoying problem where my mart will be
>>> working fine for a while and I will be making additions and changes to
>>> the configuration using MartEditor without any issues.  Then suddenly
>>> after a MartEditor save BioMart will give a database exception error
>>> saying:
>>>
>>> Table 'my_mart.table__dm' doesn't exist
>>>
>>> where it seems to have suddenly forgotten to prepend the<dataset
>>> name>__ to the table, it is just taking exactly what is in
>>> tableContraint field.  The docs say that you never need to put the
>>> <dataset name>__ prefix in the tableConstraint field in MartEditor and
>>> it will work fine for a while but then randomly not be happy anymore.
>>>
>>> Is there some way to fix this?  What might be the source of the problem?
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> Leandro

Re: dataset name stops getting prepended resulting in table doesn't exist errors

Leandro Hermida-2
Hi Syed,

Oh I see thank you, yes I changed the internalName to be plural for
the filters that can have multiple values so that people using the
APIs would know more easily... makes sense now!

best,
Leandro