delete sync pages from drupal but not chado

delete sync pages from drupal but not chado

Sofia Robb
Hi,

I synced more feature types than I wanted. Can I just delete the pages from the drupal node table?

Will I break everything if I do this :/

I didn't want to sync all my features but I did by accident. I want to delete the polypeptide drupal pages.

Thanks,
Sofia

Re: delete sync pages from drupal but not chado

Stephen Ficklin-2

Hi Sofia,

Unfortunately, we don't have a way to unsync content, but we should!  I've added an issue to our queue to keep this on our radar:

https://www.drupal.org/node/2784501

For now, there are two ways you can remove them.  1)  Do as you suggest and remove the records directly from the node table via an SQL statement... don't use the Drupal web interface.  2)  Delete the records from the chado_feature table using an SQL statement.   The chado_feature table links a node to a record in the feature table of Chado.   After you perform either one of these, then you'll need to return to Tripal and on the same page where you normally sync features you'll find a button to clean up orphaned feature nodes.  If you click that button that will clean up the chado_feature records or node records that no longer are connected to Chado data.

Stephen