download analysis data source

Sofia Robb
Hi,

How can I add a link to my analysis page so that the source data can be downloaded?

Thank you,
Sofia

Re: download analysis data source

Stephen Ficklin-2
Hi Sofia,

There are two ways to do this.  One is to edit the analysis page and add HTML to the description field text area.  This will make the download link appear on the main analysis pane.    If you would like to add a new 'Download' link to the table of contents with a corresponding pane that opens up with the download links then you can do this by adding new fields to the analysis content type.  Apparently, this little trick is not documented in the Tripal docs as I went searching for it to refer you to it and I realized its missing.

What you can do is add three new fields to any content type (i.e. Analysis).  Navigate to 'Structure' -> 'Content types'  and  Click the 'manage fields' link for the 'Analysis' content type.   Add three new fields, with these exact names and settings:

Field 1
Label: Resource Links
Machine name:  field_resource_links
Field Type: Text
Widget: Text field
(when configuring the field on a later screen be sure to set the number of values to 'unlimited').

Field 2
Label: Resource Titles
Machine name:  field_resource_titles
Field Type: Text
Widget: Text field
(when configuring the field on a later screen be sure to set the number of values to 'unlimited').

Field 3
Label: Resource Blocks
Machine name:  field_resource_blocks
Field Type: Long Text
Widget: Text area (multiple rows)
(when configuring the field on a later screen be sure to set the number of values to 'unlimited').

It's critical that the machine name is identical to what you see above as Tripal recognizes these names.  After you've added these fields you can then go to any analysis page and you'll see these new fields appear on the edit form.   The fields work in the following way:

The Resource Links field allows you to add links to the sidebar.   To add a link you enter the text for the link, followed by a '|' (bar) character and then the URL for the link.  For example:  "Citrus Genome DB|http://www.citrusgenomedb.org" (quotes not required, just to enclose the string for the example).  You can add as many links as you want and reorder them using the cross hairs for the field.

The Resource Titles and Resource Blocks work together to add new 'panes' to the page.  A pane is a block of content that appears when you click on a link in the sidebar.  They don't link out but rather load new content onto the existing page.  If you wanted to add a 'Downloads'  pane that contains links to your downloadable files, then in the Resource Title field you add the text 'Downloads'.   Then in the first text area of the Resource Blocks you add the text for that pane.   You can add as many panes as you want, you just have to be sure the titles and the block text appear in the same order.   It's a bit kludge but it works.

Hope this helps,
Stephen

On 11/19/2015 3:44 PM, Sofia Robb wrote:

How can I add a link to my analysis page so that the source data can be downloaded?

Thank you,
Sofia

Re: download analysis data source

Sofia Robb
Hi Stephen,

When I hit the save button, I get this error:

Attempt to update field Resource Links failed: SQLSTATE[42P07]: Duplicate table: 7 ERROR: relation "field_data_field_resource_links" already exists.

I then tried to go to the edit tab, and change the value to unlimited, but I get the same error again. The new value won't save.

Sofia

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 10:36 PM, Stephen Ficklin <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I had our system admin help me upgrade to postgres 4. I am running CentOS7 and the official centos repository only has posgres 9.2. I was hoping this was the issue, but it did not help.

I revered to an earlier version of my database before I tried to add the new content types, tried again, and I still get this error:

Attempt to update field Resource Links failed: SQLSTATE[42P07]: Duplicate table: 7 ERROR: relation "field_data_field_resource_links" already exists.

What the heck?!?! Obviously a lot of people aren't getting this error. What is different for me? I am running Drupal 7.41. I am running the tripal 7.x-2.0+33-dev. Maybe I should go back to 7.x-2.0?

Sofia

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 11:10 AM, Sofia Robb <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

On what page do you see this error?  Is it on the 'manage fields' page for the analysis content type?

Stephen

On 12/3/2015 9:07 AM, Sofia Robb wrote:
[...]

Sorry, my last message I responded only to you.

My system admin has hit a wall. He doesn't know what is going on. Here is what he found in the postgres log: Maybe this is a CentOS issue? I don't understand.n I am going to try a new fresh install of everything and see if this helps.

< 2015-12-04 10:36:44.676 CST >ERROR:  relation "field_data_field_resource_links" already exists

< 2015-12-04 10:36:44.676 CST >STATEMENT:  CREATE TABLE field_data_field_resource_links (

                entity_type varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',

                bundle varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',

                deleted smallint NOT NULL default 0,

                entity_id bigint CHECK (entity_id >= 0) NOT NULL,

                revision_id bigint CHECK (revision_id >= 0) NULL,

                language varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',

                delta bigint CHECK (delta >= 0) NOT NULL,

                field_resource_links_value varchar(255) NULL,

                field_resource_links_format varchar(255) NULL,

                PRIMARY KEY (entity_type, entity_id, deleted, delta, language)

        )

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 10:25 AM, Stephen Ficklin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Very odd... you don't have the 'field_resource_links' field but it wants to create the table.... Maybe if you delete the field_data_field_resource_links table?  If you don't have the field I see no harm in doing that.

On 12/7/2015 1:50 PM, Sofia Robb wrote:
No, it does not exist already. It is not in the list of existing ones, and this happens if i create one with a random name that i know should not be in the database. My system admin is playing around, trying to help figure this out. But if you have ANY ideas, please let me know.