download limits and usage policy

andrea_bio
Hello

I am new to biomart and I was wondering if there were usage policies
about large downloads I need to know about. I've been trying to download
watson snps all afternoon and they are downloading at a rate of 1kb per
second. I was wondering if my download speed was being throttled for
some reason because I am breaking usage policies. But it is 10pm now
which i thought would be an acceptable time for large downloads and its
still the same speed.

Other things are downloading fine so its now my internet connection

thanks

Re: download limits and usage policy

Syed Haider
Hello Andrea,

there is not usage limit on the BioMart side, it may well be just heavy
traffic. I dont think there is anytime that might be less or more busy
than others given the spread of users. and yes, you are not breaking any
usage policy :)
The best way to download large downloads is to use 'Export email
option'. Hope that helps,

Best,
Syed