empty enrichment widgets box

Pengcheng Yang

Hi miners,

I have implemented the enrichment widgets months ago. Until now, the enrichment widgets box could be displayed successfully some times on some browsers (Google Chrome and IE), but failed some times. Today, the display totally doesn't work [1]. I have also uploaded the source file onto the github for debugging [2] (https://github.com/pengchy/intermine/tree/master/locustmine). I have also searched the InterMine forum and found two related threads [3,4]. Accordingly, I found some warn information (in red) by pressing Ctrl+Shift+I (in Chrome) [1].

Could any one help me out?

Thank you and best,

Pengcheng

#References

[1] the empty enrichment widgets boxes.

The web page for this screenshot is: http://www.locustmine.org:8080/locustmine/bagDetails.do?scope=all&bagName=Gegg-VS-Segg-down

[2] https://github.com/pengchy/intermine/tree/master/locustmine

[3] http://gmod.827538.n3.nabble.com/Struggling-with-the-GO-term-enrichment-widget-td4043209.html

[4] http://gmod.827538.n3.nabble.com/Chromosome-Distribution-widget-displays-emptybox-td4031175.html

Re: empty enrichment widgets box

Yo Yehudi-2
Hey Pengcheng!

Are you still getting the error? It's working for me now, which suggests it's probably not a problem with your code (unless you've changed something since you sent the mail...) - likely either it was a temporary error or could be related to your location/network?

If you're still getting it, could it be related to the fact that not all Google services are accessible in China? Many of the widgets are powered by Google Charts, and two of the error on the console screenshot you sent imply that some Google related resources were missing. Could you maybe screenshot the network tab as well? You can show more details about each load failure (assuming there are some) by clicking on it, similar to the screenshot I've attached.

image.png

Yo

jlfomkfheonbdjoa.png (139K) Download Attachment
jlfomkfheonbdjoa.png (139K) Download Attachment

Re: empty enrichment widgets box

Pengcheng Yang

Hi Yo,

As you suggested, it is possible that the "not all Google services are accessible in China" produced this problem. Because the proxy used in the Google Chrome didn't always work, the widgets displayed now and then.

Now the page can be displayed normally on Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox, except IE.

Thank you,

Pengcheng