errors when searching

wang su
Hi,

I built the database successfully, but when searching a gene, it tells "There has been an internal error while processing your request. The problem has been logged and will be investigated. You may also [hidden email] describing how you encountered this error.

The problem may be temporary in which case you might wish to go back and try your request again or you might want to go to the home page.

I searched this error in google and found this error maybe a common error, but I don't know how to deal with this error? can you help me

Thanks!

Su

Re: errors when searching

Julie Sullivan
Hi Su

That's the generic error message displayed in the webapp, to see the
actual error message look in the tomcat logs.  Try
$TOMCAT/logs/catalina.out.

Are you trying to use the search box in the upper right corner?  When the
postprocess "create-search-index" is run during the build, the search
index is created and stored in the database.  Then when the first search
is run (like the one you are trying!), the index is fetched from the
database, unzipped and loaded into memory.

The postprocess indexes everything in the database (that's not marked to
be "ignored") so it can get quite large.  FlyMine's is ~ 2G, and I can't
load it on my local dev machine.  Do you have enough room?  Did the
postprocess look like it completed successfully?  All the steps of the
indexing is logged, so you should be able to see what it did.

Take a look at the log messages and see if you can see anything
interesting, or just send them to me.  :)

Cheers
Julie