fasta_merge and gff3_merge commands not working

fasta_merge and gff3_merge commands not working

Nikolay Alabi

Is there any prerequisites I must adhere to ensure the commands gff3_merge and fasta_merge work. I was following the Wiki tutorial and when I wanted to execute the commands in the data directory in order to make a clean out version of the files for later use, the computer did not recognize the commands. Please help.

Thanks, Nikolay

Re: fasta_merge and gff3_merge commands not working

Carson Holt-2
Sorry for the slow reply. If you put …/maker/bin in your PATH environmental variable, then all MAKER executables can be executed directly without having to call the full path. This is covered in the MAKER install instructions. You can learn more about PATH here —> https://opensource.com/article/17/6/set-path-linux

—Carson