file download returns empty file or webpage error

file download returns empty file or webpage error

UMD Bioinformatics
Hello,

I've looked through the archives and I see that this issue has been raised before (http://dev.list.galaxyproject.org/file-download-returns-empty-file-or-webpage-fails-with-ERR-CONNECTION-CLOSED-tp4415687.html) but without a noted resolution.

I am running Apache as proxy but I downloads from multiple machines and browsers are either empty or return an error after clicking the download button.

I enabled Apache xsend file:

And configured galaxy to be aware of this in universe_wsgi.ini apache_xsendfile = True.

I have checked the apache error logs and do not see any issues reported.

Any help would be appreciated.

I've ended up changing apache_xsendfile = false just so that i can download data. How do I get galaxy apache and xsendfile to work properly?

Cheers,
Ian