filter for numerical values

Andreu Alibés
Hi,

Is there a way to let the user select, for a given numerical filter, if she wants values above, equal or below to the value entered?

Thanks,

Andreu

Re: filter for numerical values

Syed Haider
Sure, definitely possible. Using MartEditor, set the filter qualifier
and legal_qualfier to > or < or >= or <=, whatever is the best for your
usecase. Run File->Export and reconfigure (perl bin/configure.pl -r ...
), restart apache.

Best,
Syed

On 29/10/2010 11:41, Andreu Alibés wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to let the user select, for a given numerical filter, if she wants values above, equal or below to the value entered?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andreu

Re: filter for numerical values

Andreu Alibés
Thanks Syed, but I meant to let the user select it, not the developer.

Andreu

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Syed Haider <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sure, definitely possible. Using MartEditor, set the filter qualifier and legal_qualfier to > or < or >= or <=, whatever is the best for your usecase. Run File->Export and reconfigure (perl bin/configure.pl -r ... ), restart apache.

Best,
Syed

On 29/10/2010 11:41, Andreu Alibés wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way to let the user select, for a given numerical filter, if she wants values above, equal or below to the value entered?

Thanks,

Andreu

Andreu Alibés, PhD
Bioinformatics Core & EMBL-CRG Systems Biology Unit
Center for Genomic Regulation

C/ Dr. Aiguader 88, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Phone: +34 93 316 0202

http://sites.google.com/site/aalibes

Re: filter for numerical values

Syed Haider
Unfortunately not. In almost all cases, its doable by declaring two
filters (one with > and the second one with <). And user can use them
independently or together to solve almost all cases, less than, greater
than and range.

However, in order to get these two filters to work, you need to
replicate the db column to be able to run two independent filters.

Best,
Syed