flanking region URL name parameter

Walter, Mathias
Hi,

is there any way to specify a flanking region via an URL parameter if
a specific gene is searched?

If I just provide the name (or q) parameter, GBrowse fits the view to
the size of the searched gene. I'd like to add some flanking regions
like 1kb 5' and 3' or a specific zoom level like 5kb (or the next
larger zoom level, if the gene's size is beyond 5 kb).
Thre region_size parameter is not suitable to achive this.

--
Kind regards,
Mathias