[galaxy-announce] May News: James Taylor, BCC2020 Abstracts Close Friday, and much, much more.

[galaxy-announce] May News: James Taylor, BCC2020 Abstracts Close Friday, and much, much more.

Dave Clements-2
Hello all,

This is our first newsletter since January.

It has been an eventful and sorrowful four months for the world, and for
the Galaxy Community too: This newsletter starts with the tragic loss of
James Taylor, one of Galaxy’s founders and leaders. We lost James at the
beginning of April. This community, I suspect, will always feel that loss.

The May 2020 issue
https://galaxyproject.org/news/2020-05-galaxy-update/

James Peter Taylor , 1979-2020
* BCC2020 will be online, global, affordable, and accessible
   * All abstracts are due May 8
* Galaxy COVID-19 Response
* Upcoming events
* Blog posts
* Galaxy Platform News
* Training material and doc updates
* Who’s Hiring
* New Releases
* New publications (671 of them)
* And other cool news too

If you have anything to include to next month’s newsletter, then please
send it to [hidden email].

Thanks, for everything,
Dave C

--