[galaxy-dev] about sequencing requests

Davide Cittaro
Hi there,
What are "Data Libraries"  and "Folder" in sample request and grid information in sample request edit page?

Thanks

/*
Davide Cittaro

Cogentech - Consortium for Genomic Technologies
via adamello, 16
20139 Milano
Italy

tel.: +39(02)574303007
*/

Re: [galaxy-dev] about sequencing requests

Brad Chapman
Davide;

> What are "Data Libraries" and "Folder" in sample request and grid
> information in sample request edit page?

Those specify the Data Library and Folder where sequencing results
should be returned. The backend code uses these to semi-automatically
transfer files back into Galaxy from the sequencer.

If you haven't used Data Libraries previously, Admin -> Manage data
libraries is the place to get started.

Brad

Re: [galaxy-dev] about sequencing requests

Greg Von Kuster
You can also lean a lot about Galaxy data libraries from our wiki at http://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/wiki/DataLibraries/Libraries.  Make sure to check out our new features every so often at http://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/wiki/Features/Features.

Greg

On May 24, 2010, at 8:31 AM, Brad Chapman wrote:

> Davide;
>
>> What are "Data Libraries" and "Folder" in sample request and grid
>> information in sample request edit page?
>
> Those specify the Data Library and Folder where sequencing results
> should be returned. The backend code uses these to semi-automatically
> transfer files back into Galaxy from the sequencer.
>
> If you haven't used Data Libraries previously, Admin -> Manage data
> libraries is the place to get started.
>
> Brad

Greg Von Kuster
Galaxy Development Team

Re: [galaxy-dev] about sequencing requests

Davide Cittaro
I'll try that.
Besides, I'm trying to add fields in my sample request form, but I can't see those when I try to fill it (as end user)... mmm...

On May 24, 2010, at 2:35 PM, Greg Von Kuster wrote:

[...]

On May 24, 2010, at 2:31 PM, Brad Chapman wrote:

Davide;

What are "Data Libraries" and "Folder" in sample request and grid
information in sample request edit page?

Those specify the Data Library and Folder where sequencing results
should be returned. The backend code uses these to semi-automatically
transfer files back into Galaxy from the sequencer.

If you haven't used Data Libraries previously, Admin -> Manage data
libraries is the place to get started.

Got it! I still have to figure out which layout I want for those... I wonder if a hierarchy 'by run' or 'by file type' should be implemented (I'm going to deliver fastq, bam and/or other processed files).

Brad

/*
Davide Cittaro

Cogentech - Consortium for Genomic Technologies
via adamello, 16
20139 Milano
Italy

tel.: +39(02)574303007
*/

Re: [galaxy-dev] about sequencing requests

Ramkrishna Chakrabarty
Davide,

When creating the a sequencing sample form, you will need to fill the
'Layout grid name' which is the name of the set of fields as shown
below. For each field you add, you have to select which layout grid
does it belong to.

The, when you are ready to add samples, layout grid name will appear
as a link on that page, which will expand on clicking to show all its
fields.
Let me know if you run into any other issues with sample tracking.

Thanks for using Galaxy

rc

On May 24, 2010, at 8:56 AM, Davide Cittaro wrote:

> I'll try that.
> Besides, I'm trying to add fields in my sample request form, but I
> can't see those when I try to fill it (as end user)... mmm...

> On May 24, 2010, at 2:35 PM, Greg Von Kuster wrote:
>
>> You can also lean a lot about Galaxy data libraries from our wiki
>> at http://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/wiki/DataLibraries/Libraries
>> .  Make sure to check out our new features every so often at http://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/wiki/Features/Features
>> .
>>
>> Greg
>>
>> On May 24, 2010, at 8:31 AM, Brad Chapman wrote:
>>
>>> Davide;

>>> Those specify the Data Library and Folder where sequencing results
>>> should be returned. The backend code uses these to semi-
>>> automatically
>>> transfer files back into Galaxy from the sequencer.
>>>
>>> If you haven't used Data Libraries previously, Admin -> Manage data
>>> libraries is the place to get started.
>>>
>>> Brad

>> Greg Von Kuster
>> Galaxy Development Team

> /*
> Davide Cittaro
>
> Cogentech - Consortium for Genomic Technologies
> via adamello, 16
> 20139 Milano
> Italy
>
> tel.: +39(02)574303007
> e-mail: [hidden email]
> */

pastedGraphic.jpg (79K) Download Attachment