[galaxy-dev] how to activate account to allow remote access?

[galaxy-dev] how to activate account to allow remote access?

Edward Kirton
Hello, i recently switched to ldap authentication such that user
accounts are automatically created.  Everything works as it should on
the intranet site, but when i try to log-on via our internet site, i
get the following error:

"This account was created for use with an external authentication
method, contact your local Galaxy administrator to activate it."

Even if i create a password for the user, this message remains.  How
do i activate the account?

Thanks,
Ed

Re: [galaxy-dev] how to activate account to allow remote access?

Nate Coraor (nate@bx.psu.edu)
Edward Kirton wrote:

> Hello, i recently switched to ldap authentication such that user
> accounts are automatically created.  Everything works as it should on
> the intranet site, but when i try to log-on via our internet site, i
> get the following error:
>
> "This account was created for use with an external authentication
> method, contact your local Galaxy administrator to activate it."
>
> Even if i create a password for the user, this message remains.  How
> do i activate the account?

Hi Ed,

Once you create the password, set the 'external' column to 'False' for
that user.

--nate