getting a database to not appear in the data source list

getting a database to not appear in the data source list

Kenlee Nakasugi-2
Hi,

Is there a way to mask a database so that it does not appear in the data source drop down list on the loading page of gbrowse, but is accessible by directly typing in the address bar?
i.e. I want to test a new database but not make it publicly visible/selectable yet.

cheers
Ken

Re: getting a database to not appear in the data source list

Scott Cain
My recollection is that you can put show sources equal to 1 or 0 in each data source config and the do figs with 1 will be in the menu and those with 0 will not (of course, I haven't tried that in a long time). Don't put it in the gbrowse.conf too, as I don't know what would happen. I think every config has to have it in order for it to work.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 1, 2014, at 11:29 AM, Kenlee Nakasugi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Scott,
>
> Thanks. That will affect all databases, but what I want is to make only one database not appear in the drop down, but the rest still will be available in the dropdown.
> Is there a way to specifically target just one database but leave the rest unaffected?
> I added the "show sources" to both the GBrowse.conf as well as the database specific .conf, in the General section, but it did not have the desired effect.
>
> cheers
> Ken

So I tried putting the "show sources" option in each database config and not the GBrowse.config, but what this does is that for all the databases with "1", they all have the drop down menu which also list the database I want to mask. For the database with "0" (the one I want to mask), yes, the drop down menu disappears.
Is there another option that controls what is shown in the drop down menu?
Thanks
Ken

My recollection is that you can put show sources equal to 1 or 0 in each data source config and the do figs with 1 will be in the menu and those with 0 will not (of course, I haven't tried that in a long time). Don't put it in the gbrowse.conf too, as I don't know what would happen. I think every config has to have it in order for it to work.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 1, 2014, at 11:29 AM, Kenlee Nakasugi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Scott,
>
> Thanks. That will affect all databases, but what I want is to make only one database not appear in the drop down, but the rest still will be available in the dropdown.
> Is there a way to specifically target just one database but leave the rest unaffected?
> I added the "show sources" to both the GBrowse.conf as well as the database specific .conf, in the General section, but it did not have the desired effect.
>
> cheers
> Ken

Timothy Parnell
Hi,

I think what you want is here
http://gmod.org/wiki/GBrowse_2.0_HOWTO#Configured_Data_Source_Sections

Put hide = 1 under the data source configuration stanza in GBrowse. conf

Tim