group-based permissions

Davide Cittaro
Hi all, I would like to give access permission on our data libraries using Groups. Apparently I can only assign permissions to Users and Roles... Is this a bug or a feature?

/*
Davide Cittaro

Cogentech - Consortium for Genomic Technologies
via adamello, 16
20139 Milano
Italy

tel.: +39(02)574303007
*/

Re: group-based permissions

Ido Tamir
On Monday, September 06, 2010 12:13:06 pm Davide Cittaro wrote:
> Hi all, I would like to give access permission on our data libraries using
> Groups. Apparently I can only assign permissions to Users and Roles... Is
> this a bug or a feature?

http://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/wiki/SecurityFeatures
You should be able to assign Roles to Groups (at least last time I tried).

best,
ido

> /*
> Davide Cittaro
>
> Cogentech - Consortium for Genomic Technologies
> via adamello, 16
> 20139 Milano
> Italy
>
> tel.: +39(02)574303007
> e-mail:
> [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]
> > */

Re: group-based permissions

Greg Von Kuster
Davide,

You can associate a role with a group of users, or associate many users with a role.  For all the details, see our wiki at:

On Sep 6, 2010, at 6:13 AM, Davide Cittaro wrote:

Hi all, I would like to give access permission on our data libraries using Groups. Apparently I can only assign permissions to Users and Roles... Is this a bug or a feature?

/*
Davide Cittaro

Cogentech - Consortium for Genomic Technologies
via adamello, 16
20139 Milano
Italy

tel.: +39(02)574303007
*/

Greg Von Kuster
Galaxy Development Team

Re: group-based permissions

Davide Cittaro

On Sep 6, 2010, at 1:06 PM, Greg Von Kuster wrote:

Davide,

You can associate a role with a group of users, or associate many users with a role.  For all the details, see our wiki at:

Thanks, and about this, is there a way to reset permissions so that everything is public?

[...]

Hi Greg, thanks for that
On Sep 6, 2010, at 5:12 PM, Greg Von Kuster wrote:

Davide, there is currently no feature for making all contents of a data library public, but I'll add this to my list, and will make it available soon.

Well, removing any role to the access list makes it public... :-) I think that this may be added in the "bulk operations" galaxy may support (i.e. bulk  data type changing, bulk genome changing, bulk permission editing...)

/*