help regarding invoking GBrowse

umay kulsum
I have been trying to invoke gbrowse in my local database.
I want to know from where does the url /http://localhost/cgi-bin/ works when there is no cgi-bin folder in the localhost.
I mean I have created the try.conf file in etc/apache2/gbrowse.conf
also the try.gff3 file is created but when I try to run gbrowse through the browser using url http://localhost/cgi-bin/try, it gives the error following url is not found on the server.

Re: help regarding invoking GBrowse

Scott Cain
Hi Umay,

You haven't given us much information to go on.  First of all, the url you are trying to use isn't correct.  It would probably be

but that is only probably it; what the url really should be depends on your system.  When you go to

and click on the link for the simple yeast database, does that link work and what is the URL?  If you trim "yeast" off of that url and add "try" it should work assuming you've correctly created the try.conf file and added it to GBrowse.conf.

If that doesn't work, please give more information about why it doesn't, like:

  * What OS are you using?
  * How did you install GBrowse?
  * Did the yeast sample work?
  * Are there any error messages in the apache error log that might help?

Other things might be helpful to, like samples of GFF and your config file.

Scott