high CPU usage?

Jacqueline Lee

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the typical levels of CPU usage are for a public GBrowse instance. We recently had an issue where ten gbrowse processes were running for almost a week, using a lot of CPU and almost maxing out the cores on our machine. 265 people were using our GBrowse machine on the day the issue started.

Does anyone know what might have caused this issue?

Thanks,

Jacqueline

Re: high CPU usage?

Scott Cain
Hi Jacqueline,

Are you using mod_perl or some variety of fastCGI?  Perhaps something went a little berserk in one of those processes.  I assume you restarted apache and all was well after that?

Scott