how to interface a gene list with Intermine

how to interface a gene list with Intermine

Benjamin Hitz-2
I would take some more time to figure this out myself, but I am off for a couple weeks.

Have a link in SGD to an old program which downloads a variety of things based on a gene list generated by the page.
What is the best way to do this with a minimum amount of fiddling?   I suppose where I want to end up is creating a list in Intermine (YeastMine)... but do I have to force user to log in, etc.?
Is there a way that I can fake the "post" request on this page:    http://yeastmine.yeastgenome.org/yeastmine/bag.do

And just hit the submit (Create List) button?  This is sort of half-assed webservices but it will do for now...

Again if it's not clear, I have a page that has a list of identifiers already stored in a hidden field.

I want to simply create a URL/link to yeastmine which submits &ORFs to bag.do.

Ben
--
Ben Hitz
Senior Scientific Programmer ** Saccharomyces Genome Database ** GO Consortium

Re: how to interface a gene list with Intermine

Julie Sullivan
Hi Ben

This should do work:

http://yeastmine.yeastgenome.org/yeastmine/portal.do?externalids=act1,YAL008W,S000000659,TOS1&class=ORF

http://yeastmine.yeastgenome.org/yeastmine/portal.do?externalids=CDC22,CDC29&class=NotPhysicallyMapped

Here are some docs about the various ways to link into YeastMine:

        http://intermine.org/wiki/Links

Let me know if that's not what you need!

Cheers,
Julie