incomplete cigar/split alignments processing of multi-gaps

incomplete cigar/split alignments processing of multi-gaps

Cook, Malcolm
Lincoln and Scott,

This morning I

        * commited corresponding fix and test (http://gmod.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gmod?view=revision&revision=23933)

I hope I am (still !?) a welcome contributor and I followed reasonable current protocol (and that my fix is complete ... the patch was a single character!).

Should I have updated the "Changes" file or is that extracted from svn log upon release bundling?

Best regards,

Malcolm Cook
Stowers Institute for Medical Research - Bioinformatics
Kansas City, Missouri  USA

Re: incomplete cigar/split alignments processing of multi-gaps

Scott Cain
Hi Malcolm,

I don't have a problem with you committing a fix. :-)  Modifying the
Changes file would be a good idea though.

Scott

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Cook, Malcolm <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lincoln and Scott,
>
> This morning I
>
>         * submitted bug report
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3083769&group_id=27707&atid=391291
>
>         * commited corresponding fix and test
> (http://gmod.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gmod?view=revision&revision=23933)
>
> I hope I am (still !?) a welcome contributor and I followed reasonable
> current protocol (and that my fix is complete ... the patch was a single
> character!).
>
> Should I have updated the "Changes" file or is that extracted from svn log
> upon release bundling?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Malcolm Cook
> Stowers Institute for Medical Research - Bioinformatics
> Kansas City, Missouri  USA

Re: incomplete cigar/split alignments processing of multi-gaps

Cook, Malcolm
Hi Scott,

OK - Hoping I have the Change log format correct - I added the following to the top of the Change file:

~Malcolm

Version ????

    * fix/test for 'incomplete cigar/split alignments processing of
      multi-gaps' (https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3083769&group_id=27707&atid=391291)"

Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                   scott at scottcain dot net GMOD Coordinator (http://gmod.org/)                     216-392-3087 Ontario Institute for Cancer Research

Re: incomplete cigar/split alignments processing of multi-gaps

Scott Cain
Thanks!