instance management inspiration

Matthias Bernt
Dear list,

I'm looking for some inspiration for managing my galaxy instance (with
ansible). In particular I'm looking for ansible roles to
- setup quotas
- manage the tool panel (I need to get order in the chaos)

I'm wondering how the usegalaxy instances manage this? Is there some
github that I could browse?

Cheers,
Matthias

Matthias Bernt
Bioinformatics Service
Molekulare Systembiologie (MOLSYB)
Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ/
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research GmbH - UFZ
Permoserstraße 15, 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Phone +49 341 235 482296,
[hidden email], www.ufz.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Leipzig
Registergericht/Registration Office: Amtsgericht Leipzig
Handelsregister Nr./Trade Register Nr.: B 4703
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
MinDirig Wilfried Kraus
Wissenschaftlicher Geschäftsführer/Scientific Managing Director:
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Georg Teutsch
Administrative Geschäftsführerin/ Administrative Managing Director:
Prof. Dr. Heike Graßmann

Re: instance management inspiration

Björn Grüning-3
Hi Matthias,

nothing really fancy for usegalaxy.eu but we maintain this repo here:

https://github.com/usegalaxy-eu/usegalaxy-eu-tools

We have agreed on a set of labels and lint the tools against this white
list. The tools are installed automatically with ephemeris.

Quotas are managed manually to a large degree, as we do not have that
many different once.

Cheers,
Bjoern

Am 20.06.2018 um 15:54 schrieb Matthias Bernt:

> Dear list,
>
> I'm looking for some inspiration for managing my galaxy instance (with
> ansible). In particular I'm looking for ansible roles to
> - setup quotas
> - manage the tool panel (I need to get order in the chaos)
>
> I'm wondering how the usegalaxy instances manage this? Is there some
> github that I could browse?
>
> Cheers,
> Matthias

Re: instance management inspiration

Matthias Bernt
Hi Bjoern,

> nothing really fancy for usegalaxy.eu but we maintain this repo here:
>
> https://github.com/usegalaxy-eu/usegalaxy-eu-tools
>
> We have agreed on a set of labels and lint the tools against this white
> list. The tools are installed automatically with ephemeris.

Cool. Is there also a mechanism for ordering the toolpanel? Or do you do
this manually? If so, how? Via the integrated toolpanel xml file?

> Quotas are managed manually to a large degree, as we do not have that
> many different once.

OK. Thanks a lot for your reply.

Am 22.06.2018 um 11:47 schrieb Matthias Bernt:

> Hi Bjoern,
>
>> nothing really fancy for usegalaxy.eu but we maintain this repo here:
>>
>> https://github.com/usegalaxy-eu/usegalaxy-eu-tools
>>
>> We have agreed on a set of labels and lint the tools against this
>> white list. The tools are installed automatically with ephemeris.
>
> Cool. Is there also a mechanism for ordering the toolpanel? Or do you do
> this manually? If so, how? Via the integrated toolpanel xml file?

In our tool_conf.xml file we have all categories included (most of them
without tools), and this defines the order.