iodocs broken, please use Heroku - also how to set up your own.

iodocs broken, please use Heroku - also how to set up your own.

Alex Kalderimis-2
We are having some issues with our Dokku installation, which serves
some of our resources (including iodocs.labs.intermine.org), so I have
deployed our API docs at https://imdocs.herokuapp.com/ - you can use
these until we have our docs back up and working.

For the interested, deploying one's own copy of the documentation
application is very easy, takes less than minute, and is free on Heroku
(unless you plan on serving 1,000s of developers - some problems would be nice to have).
You just have to:

  a) Clone the repo: http://github.com/alexkalderimis/iodocs
  d) Download and install the Heroku Toolbelt: https://toolbelt.heroku.com/
  b) Get a (free) Heroku account: http://heroku.com
  c) Add a new application on Heroku - call it whatever you like
  e) Log in on the command line: ```heroku login```
  f) cd to your clone of the repo: ```cd iodocs```
  g) connect the repo to the app: ```heroku git:remote```
  h) push the code to the app: ```git push heroku master```

So if you are running your own mine and would like your own copy of
the docs, just follow these steps to get your own.

All best

--
Alex Kalderimis
Software Developer

Re: iodocs broken, please use Heroku - also how to set up your own.

Alex Kalderimis-2
Just a quick note to say that http://iodocs.labs.intermine.org is up
an running again.

Alex

On Sun, Nov 02, 2014 at 04:20:55PM +0000, Alex Kalderimis wrote:

> We are having some issues with our Dokku installation, which serves
> some of our resources (including iodocs.labs.intermine.org), so I have
> deployed our API docs at https://imdocs.herokuapp.com/ - you can use
> these until we have our docs back up and working.
>
> For the interested, deploying one's own copy of the documentation
> application is very easy, takes less than minute, and is free on Heroku
> (unless you plan on serving 1,000s of developers - some problems would be nice to have).
> You just have to:
>
>   a) Clone the repo: http://github.com/alexkalderimis/iodocs
>   d) Download and install the Heroku Toolbelt: https://toolbelt.heroku.com/
>   b) Get a (free) Heroku account: http://heroku.com
>   c) Add a new application on Heroku - call it whatever you like
>   e) Log in on the command line: ```heroku login```
>   f) cd to your clone of the repo: ```cd iodocs```
>   g) connect the repo to the app: ```heroku git:remote```
>   h) push the code to the app: ```git push heroku master```
>
> So if you are running your own mine and would like your own copy of
> the docs, just follow these steps to get your own.
>
> All best
>
> --
> Alex Kalderimis
> Software Developer