landmark search box size

Robert Buels
Hi all,

I've recently gotten some feedback from users that the size of the
landmark search box, currently hardcoded to 25 characters, is annoyingly
small for the size of the location strings that we have.  For example,
SL2.40ch02:42503676..42504672, which is about average for our genomes,
overflows the box by 5 characters.

Any objections to changing the input's size from 25 to 35?  I tested i a
bit, and this seems to be small enough that it won't cause layout
problems with largish font sizes and smallish browser widths.

I'll wait a few days for replies and then just do it in git if nobody
objects.

Rob

Re: landmark search box size

Lincoln Stein
No objections on my end.

Lincoln

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Robert Buels <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I've recently gotten some feedback from users that the size of the
landmark search box, currently hardcoded to 25 characters, is annoyingly
small for the size of the location strings that we have.  For example,
SL2.40ch02:42503676..42504672, which is about average for our genomes,
overflows the box by 5 characters.

Any objections to changing the input's size from 25 to 35?  I tested i a
bit, and this seems to be small enough that it won't cause layout
problems with largish font sizes and smallish browser widths.

I'll wait a few days for replies and then just do it in git if nobody
objects.

Rob

Lincoln D. Stein
101 College St., Suite 800