link gone away

Joel Richardson-2

Hi Interminers,

InterMine 1.5.x seems to have lost a link that I thought was quite useful. From a results table, the Download dialog used to provide a link to run the query (under the "Destination" tab). This seems to be missing from the newer interface (or maybe I'm just not looking in the right place?). Any chance of getting it restored? Thanks!

Joel

--
Joel E. Richardson, Ph.D.
Sr. Research Scientist

Re: link gone away

Sergio Contrino
hi joel,
yes, the download dialog has been simplified and the results URI does
not seem to be exposed any longer.
if i have not overlooked it somewhere and if you think it is good to
have we will restore it. i'll make a ticket.
thank you
sergio

On 30/09/15 16:08, Joel Richardson wrote:

> Hi Interminers,
>
> InterMine 1.5.x seems to have lost a link that I thought was quite
> useful. From a results table, the Download dialog used to provide a link
> to run the query (under the "Destination" tab). This seems to be missing
> from the newer interface (or maybe I'm just not looking in the right
> place?). Any chance of getting it restored? Thanks!
>
> Joel
>
> --
> Joel E. Richardson, Ph.D.
> Sr. Research Scientist
> Mouse Genome Informatics
> The Jackson Laboratory
> 600 Main Street
> Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
> 207-288-6435
> [hidden email]
>
> The information in this email, including attachments, may be
> confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you believe
> you received this email by mistake, please notify the sender by return
> email as soon as possible.

sergio contrino                  InterMine, University of Cambridge
https://sergiocontrino.github.io           http://www.intermine.org

Re: link gone away

vkrishna
Hi Joel, Sergio -

I also noticed that this functionality was missing in the latest versions of InterMine.

But after a little bit of digging, I came to the realization that the “Download file” button (with the little cloud icon) actually points to the results URI. Right clicking it and copying the URL should give you the results URI, which you can then cURL from the command line!

Hope this helps!

Thank you.
Vivek

yes, the download dialog has been simplified and the results URI does
not seem to be exposed any longer.
if i have not overlooked it somewhere and if you think it is good to
have we will restore it. i'll make a ticket.
thank you
sergio

On 30/09/15 16:08, Joel Richardson wrote:

> Hi Interminers,
>
> InterMine 1.5.x seems to have lost a link that I thought was quite
> useful. From a results table, the Download dialog used to provide a link
> to run the query (under the "Destination" tab). This seems to be missing
> from the newer interface (or maybe I'm just not looking in the right
> place?). Any chance of getting it restored? Thanks!
>
> Joel
>
> --
> Joel E. Richardson, Ph.D.
> Sr. Research Scientist
> Mouse Genome Informatics
> The Jackson Laboratory
> 600 Main Street
> Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
> 207-288-6435
> [hidden email]
>
> The information in this email, including attachments, may be
> confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you believe
> you received this email by mistake, please notify the sender by return
> email as soon as possible.

sergio contrino                  InterMine, University of Cambridge
https://sergiocontrino.github.io           http://www.intermine.org

Re: link gone away

Joel Richardson-2

Thanks, Vivek. That's useful to know. I still think it would be better to
have something more obvious for users.

Joel
--
Joel E. Richardson, Ph.D.