lost overlapping relations

Vallejos, Andrew

Hi,

I’ve seem to lost the overlapping relations(OLR) between Genes and QTLs on DevRatMine.  Genes still have OLRs to other items such as SSLP, SNPs, and other Genes.  But QTLs do not seem to have any OLRs.  Ideas on where I can look to figure out what went wrong?

Thanks,

Andrew

======================

Andrew Vallejos

Web Developer II

Biotechnology and Bioengineering Center

Medical College of Wisconsin

414-955-4104

Re: lost overlapping relations

Julie Sullivan
Hi Andrew,

I see that you tweeted that you've fixed this issue.  Was it a data issue?

Cheers,
Julie.

Vallejos, Andrew wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I've seem to lost the overlapping relations(OLR) between Genes and QTLs
> on DevRatMine.  Genes still have OLRs to other items such as SSLP, SNPs,
> and other Genes.  But QTLs do not seem to have any OLRs.  Ideas on where
> I can look to figure out what went wrong?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Andrew
>

> ======================
>
> Andrew Vallejos
>
> Web Developer II
>
> Biotechnology and Bioengineering Center
>
> Medical College of Wisconsin
>
> 414-955-4104

Re: lost overlapping relations

Vallejos, Andrew
Yup, the QTL code that I had originally written was too complicated, and
so I refactored it, which showed the error.  The problem was that the
RGD ID was being used for both the start and stop position.  So at first
glance it looked like all the QTLs had positional data, but in fact they
did not.