maker3

Linnie Linnie
Dear maker team,

I am trying to run maker and use its input for EVM. From the EVM website, I gather that I need to provide it with .gff files. Maker2 does output one .gff, but I was wondering how to produce .gff files for the proteins and ETS data.

Alternatively, I have read that maker3 implements EVM. I would be happy to try this option, but I don't know where can I download maker3 from.

I would appreciate any help. Thank you very much!

Linnie

Re: maker3

Carson Holt-2
The maker 3 beta is one of the links when you registre to download maker. IT will be the link directly under the stable release link —>

Also you can use grep to pull out specific lines of a gff3 file. Example:
    grep -P "\tprotein2genome\t" all.gff > protein2genome.gff

That command will grab all the protein2genome features out of a file.

—Carson