missing hideTracksLabel

Sofia Robb
I just upgraded to 2.0.3, and am getting a jbrowse related error, maybe I missed a step.

I pulled the new version from github
then I deployed a new war file.

Did I miss a step in upgrading the jbrowse_download?

In my browser in the javascript console I get this error and the browser won't load, I get a white screen.

dojo.js:1662 GET http://simrbase.sgc.loc:8080/apollo/17888380461548434734/jbrowse/plugins/HideTrackLabels/js/main.js 404 (Not Found)

Thanks,
Sofia

Re: missing hideTracksLabel

nathandunn

Did you upgrade using the existing Apollo checkout?  If so, you need to use “./apollo clean-all” first.

If not, its probably because bower wasn’t installed properly (we have a patch in the master and updated the build notes).  In the interim type:

“sudo npm install -g bower”

(install node.js  (which includes npm) if not installed)

Then run “./apollo clean-all” and “./apollo deploy”

If that doesn’t fix it, please send your build console log and we’ll look further into it.

Nathan Dunn, PhD
Berkeley Bioinformatics Open-source Projects (BBOP)
Genomics Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
[hidden email]

On Jun 21, 2016, at 5:31 PM, Sofia Robb <[hidden email]> wrote:

I just upgraded to 2.0.3, and am getting a jbrowse related error, maybe I missed a step.

I pulled the new version from github
then I deployed a new war file.

Did I miss a step in upgrading the jbrowse_download?

In my browser in the javascript console I get this error and the browser won't load, I get a white screen.

dojo.js:1662 GET http://simrbase.sgc.loc:8080/apollo/17888380461548434734/jbrowse/plugins/HideTrackLabels/js/main.js 404 (Not Found)

Thanks,
Sofia

Re: missing hideTracksLabel

Sofia Robb
Hi Nathan,

This  worked! Thanks!

What I don't understand, is that I did upgrade with the current Apollo checkout, but I still needed to run the npm install -g bower. But I am happy! It is working.

Thanks,
Sofia

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 3:44 PM, Nathan Dunn <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Glad it worked out.

I made a mistake in the install script and the docker build I used to test this explicitly added bower.

Nathan