new user don't see any data

Jacques Dainat-3

  • Version: 2.0.2-RC3-SNAPSHOT
  • Grails version: 2.4.5
  • Groovy version: 2.3.11
  • JVM version: 1.7.0_101

When I’m adding a new user, everything seems to work fine, but when I try connecting as the newly created user, I cannot see any data (even the user name is not displayed).

I don’t find what could be the error. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

/Jacques

Re: new user don't see any data

nathandunn
I would use a stable release version (2.0.3) as we've likely fixed the error you've run into. Make sure to install npm and bower before installing.

Nathan

On Jul 8, 2016, at 8:58 AM, Jacques Dainat <[hidden email]> wrote:

  • Version: 2.0.2-RC3-SNAPSHOT
  • Grails version: 2.4.5
  • Groovy version: 2.3.11
  • JVM version: 1.7.0_101

When I’m adding a new user, everything seems to work fine, but when I try connecting as the newly created user, I cannot see any data (even the user name is not displayed).

<Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 17.55.10.png>

I don’t find what could be the error. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

/Jacques

Re: new user don't see any data

Jacques Dainat-3
Unfortunately I don’t success to install the new version…

The deploy works nice (except some warning about my git version…).
I kept the database as it was before (many genomes and users already registered)… shouldn’t be a problem, isn’t it ?

/Jacques

On 08 Jul 2016, at 18:04, Lbl <[hidden email]> wrote:

I would use a stable release version (2.0.3) as we've likely fixed the error you've run into. Make sure to install npm and bower before installing.

Nathan

On Jul 8, 2016, at 8:58 AM, Jacques Dainat <[hidden email]> wrote:

  • Version: 2.0.2-RC3-SNAPSHOT
  • Grails version: 2.4.5
  • Groovy version: 2.3.11
  • JVM version: 1.7.0_101

When I’m adding a new user, everything seems to work fine, but when I try connecting as the newly created user, I cannot see any data (even the user name is not displayed).

<Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 17.55.10.png>

I don’t find what could be the error. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

/Jacques

Re: new user don't see any data

nathandunn

What is the git version error?   If the version is too old the single-branch option that bower/git issues won't be respected.

If you can't upgrade git I'll send the workarounds.

Nathan

On Jul 8, 2016, at 9:13 AM, Jacques Dainat <[hidden email]> wrote:

Unfortunately I don’t success to install the new version…

<Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 18.05.58.png>

[...]

Ooops my mistake ! It was the version 2.0.4 that I was trying to install. So, I installed the version 2.0.3 and everything seems to work fine.

Something strange during the installation… you advise to use the version 2.5.5 of grails, but It was not working for me. A message during the installation process told me to use the version 2.5.4. This version 2.5.4 gave me lot of parameter problems but the .war works perfectly fine !

About the git version I’m using, it is 1.7.1

/Jacques

On 08 Jul 2016, at 18:42, Lbl <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

You’ll need to use git 1.7.10 or better to support the single-branch option used by bower.

In lieu of this, you can clone jbrowse and checkout the individual dependencies in the bower.json file specified in the jbrowse directory.

Nathan