no inkscape ??

Joan Pontius
I have gb2 on RHEL amd64,

things seem to be working/displaying ok,but  I keep getting
"no inkscape" messages in my error log.

RedHat says they don't distribute inkscape, and would need to get it from Fedora
but it's not obvious to me what it would entail to install it from Fedora.

Is inkscape needed?

error->
[Wed May 19 12:39:54 2010] [error] [client 129.43.71.203] which: no inkscape in (/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin)

Joan Pontius-Contractor SAIC
Laboratory of Genomic Diversity
Bldg 560-NCI
Frederick Maryland 21702
phone (301)846-1761
fax (301) 846-1686

Re: no inkscape ??

Scott Cain
Hi Joan,

Inkscape is used to create pdf files with the images from the current
GBrowse view, and so it is not necessary.  I think there is a way to
silence those errors with a configuration option, but I can't seem to
find it right now.  If anybody else knows off the top of their heads,
I'd appreciate the enlightenment :-)

Scott

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Joan Pontius <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have gb2 on RHEL amd64,
> things seem to be working/displaying ok,but  I keep getting
> "no inkscape" messages in my error log.
> RedHat says they don't distribute inkscape, and would need to get it from
> Fedora
> but it's not obvious to me what it would entail to install it from Fedora.
> Is inkscape needed?
>

> error->
> [Wed May 19 12:39:54 2010] [error] [client 129.43.71.203] which: no inkscape
> in (/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin)
>

> Joan Pontius-Contractor SAIC
> Laboratory of Genomic Diversity
> Bldg 560-NCI
> Frederick Maryland 21702
> phone (301)846-1761
> fax (301) 846-1686

Re: no inkscape ??

Josh Goodman
Hi Joan,

Have you looked at EPEL (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL)?  They have inkscape for both RHEL 4
and 5 in 64 bit.

Josh

On 05/19/2010 01:01 PM, Joan Pontius wrote:

> I have gb2 on RHEL amd64,
>
> things seem to be working/displaying ok,but  I keep getting
> "no inkscape" messages in my error log.
>
> RedHat says they don't distribute inkscape, and would need to get it
> from Fedora
> but it's not obvious to me what it would entail to install it from Fedora.
>
> Is inkscape needed?
>

> error->
> [Wed May 19 12:39:54 2010] [error] [client 129.43.71.203] which: no
> inkscape in (/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin)
>

> Joan Pontius-Contractor SAIC
> Laboratory of Genomic Diversity
> Bldg 560-NCI
> Frederick Maryland 21702
> phone (301)846-1761
> fax (301) 846-1686

Re: no inkscape ??

Wes Barris
Scott Cain wrote:
> Hi Joan,
>
> Inkscape is used to create pdf files with the images from the current
> GBrowse view, and so it is not necessary.  I think there is a way to
> silence those errors with a configuration option, but I can't seem to
> find it right now.  If anybody else knows off the top of their heads,
> I'd appreciate the enlightenment :-)

Hi Joan,

I seem to remember getting those inkscape error messages too.  I'm
pretty sure that the following configuration option will eliminate
the error:

generate pdf = 0

> Scott
>

> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Joan Pontius <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I have gb2 on RHEL amd64,
>> things seem to be working/displaying ok,but  I keep getting
>> "no inkscape" messages in my error log.
>> RedHat says they don't distribute inkscape, and would need to get it from
>> Fedora
>> but it's not obvious to me what it would entail to install it from Fedora.
>> Is inkscape needed?
>>

>> error->
>> [Wed May 19 12:39:54 2010] [error] [client 129.43.71.203] which: no inkscape
>> in (/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin)
>>

>> Joan Pontius-Contractor SAIC
>> Laboratory of Genomic Diversity
>> Bldg 560-NCI