non-exact string-matching in BioMart

Justin Feigelman
  Hello,

  I was wondering how it is possible to use BioMART to perform non-exact
string matching in BioMART.  Specifically,I would like to filter against
keywords that might appear in a varchar or text-type column in the
database.  I would like the filter to return results even if the match
is not exact.  Is this possible?  I would need to know, for example,
what I should specify for "qualifier","legal_qualifiers", "type",
"regexp", etc. in marteditor.

Thanks again!
Justin

Re: non-exact string-matching in BioMart

Syed Haider
Hey Justin,

Set the qualifier and legal_qualifier to:

like

that should do the trick.

Syed