outsource passwords of GBrowse configuration files

outsource passwords of GBrowse configuration files

Thomas LETELLIER-2
Hi,

I use Git with my GBrowse configuration files, I would like to avoid to
put passwords into Git. Do you know if there is a way to store passwords
elsewhere ? (in a dedicated file for example).

Best regards,

Thomas

Re: outsource passwords of GBrowse configuration files

Scott Cain
Hi Thomas,

You should be able to put the database connection stuff in a separate file, and then #include it into the relevant gbrowse config files.  That way, you could put the config files in github but keep the database file local.  See

for information on using include files.

Scott