porting users to a new server

Sofia Robb
Hi,

I have apollo running on a development and production server. I would like to port the users I created in the dev server to my production server.

Also, I don't need to do this now, but if I had annotations to move from one server to another what is the best way to do this? Is there documentation for this?

Thanks,
Sofia

Re: porting users to a new server

nathandunn

On Aug 18, 2016, at 2:19 PM, Sofia Robb <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I have apollo running on a development and production server. I would like to port the users I created in the dev server to my production server.

The best way would be to use the web services, which should be a link in the admin window:

I would do a pg_dump of your grails_user table and format the CSV file in Excel, etc. to be like this:

And then use this script to add them:

You **may** be able to just do a pg_dump on the grails_user table and do a psql to load it into another one (to skip the web services output script), but not the safest way to do things.

Also, I don't need to do this now, but if I had annotations to move from one server to another what is the best way to do this? Is there documentation for this?

This script should work, but let us know if you have any problems:

In general, I would try to avoid merging servers, though I definitely understand if it has to be done.   When I do updates I create a backup and can usually just use the database file.

Nathan

Thanks,
Sofia