postgres connection limit error

Sierra Moxon
caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: connection limit
exceeded for non-superusers

Any way to avoid this?

Sierra

Re: postgres connection limit error

Richard Smith
I assume this is running a build?  The message should tell you which
database has exceeded the maximum connections, e.g. items, production,
userprofile.  There is a maxConnections parameter for each one in either

minename/default.intermine.integrate.properties
minename/default.intermine.webapp.properties

You can increase the value and see if it helps.

If it doesn't it's probably the postgres installation itself running out
of connections, in which case you could check whether you have e.g. lots
of webapps deployed taking up connections.  There are also postgres
settings you can change for altering the number of available
connections, I can point these out if you're still having problems.

Richard.