problems opening http://myserver/ergatis

stacy xu
Hi, everyone,

I am new to the Ergatis system and I am trying to install it on my Suse system on top of Chado database with postgresql. I have successfully installed ergatis. However, whenever I typed "http://myserver/ergatis" in the brower, it asked me to open or save it instead of displaying the webpage. Could any of you suggest whether I missed some part of additional configuration? Thanks.

Ps, I am following this website for installation details and have followed the instructions: http://ergatis.sourceforge.net/documentation/install_guide.html

Thanks,
Stacy

Re: problems opening http://myserver/ergatis

Joshua Orvis
Stacy -

My guess would be that your apache configuration isn't quite right, or that you forgot to restart apache after changing the configuration file.  Search that install document for this string:

"Because the CGI scripts are also stored under the htdocs, you'll need to modify your apache configuration to allow execution of these scripts and to prevent some files within the system from being displayed."

It then provides the code snippet example for the change you'll need to make on your own server.  If you've done that, please post your apache config entry like that one here and check that the directory you entered there is where your files are actually stored.  Don't forget to restart apache after making the change.

Joshua