Quantcast

putative gene function by mapping to UniProt/Swiss-prot set

putative gene function by mapping to UniProt/Swiss-prot set

Quanwei Zhang
Hello:

I have a questions about the assigning putative gene function by mapping to UniProt/Swiss-prot gene set (described in the protocol published in 2014).
Here, for each of the gene model from Maker, the pipeline will find the most similar protein in UniProt/Swiss-prot and assign the function of the matched protein, right?
It does not require best-reciprocal hit, right?

Thanks
Best
Quanwei

Re: putative gene function by mapping to UniProt/Swiss-prot set

Michael Campbell
Hi Quanwei,

Correct. Just the best hit when blasting the MAKER generated fasta sequences to Swiss-prot.

Thanks,
Mike